HTML

Somethin' on dis here forum site dat just ain't kosher wit you? Think of some new dope-ass color scheme? Gots an idea fo' a sweet new forum? Den dis here be da place to post all o' dat shiznat! Word is bond.

Moderator: Gomer

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

HTML

Post by Asshander » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:24 pm

Any hope of getting HTML turned back on? The gimpy forum code is only so useful for certain things.

Jobu
Voodoo Deity

Post by Jobu » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:54 am

Was HTML ever turned on? I don't remember turning it on explicitly, unless it used to be turned on by default, and no longer is. Plus, I tried turning it on earlier, and it claimed that I couldn't have both forum code and HTML on at the same time - which would mean it wasn't ever turned on before. The problem with letting HTML be active is that it opens up some pretty nasty security holes - one of the main Snitz sites was hacked up pretty bad about a year ago because they left HTML on. Granted, I don't think we'd have that problem here, since it's just us using things, but I'd prefer to not open up any holes if it isn't absolutely necessary.

What are you trying to do that the forum code won't allow? I saw a line break tag in your sig earlier...

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:28 am

Primarily links. It's not a big deal really, but the way the forum code handles a link isn't as good as using HTML to do it.

Also, the <br> was in my old sig and it never showed up, but for some reason it did in the new one. So I got rid of it.

If it's gonna open up a bunch of security holes, it's obviously not worth it.